Ministry with Persons with Disabilities
Mission and Goals
The Committee for Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities promotes maximum participation of all persons in the life of the Church.
- Work to provide a deeper understanding of disabilities and promote belonging in parish communities.
- Create a partnership with parish leadership and parishes through the role of a parish liaison.
- Develop and maintain a diocesan webpage that will be populated with varied information (resources, agency contacts, best practices) in response to the needs surfaced in the parish communities.
- Provide opportunities for education and training.
Parish liaisons are the point of contact for their parishes with the Diocesan Inclusion Committee. If you are interested in becoming a liaison for your parish, please speak with your parish priest and reach out to the Office of Catechesis.
- Liaisons are asked to serve for a three year period
- They attend quarterly meetings hosted by the committee to provide an opportunity for . . .
- Updates, education and distribution of materials
- Listening sessions where liaisons share the needs of their parish communities
- Sharing of successes in meeting the needs of their disabled parishioners
Disability Ministry Newsletter Archives